Monday, February 9, 2009

Winter adventures

Now that we've broken out of our cold snap and gotten new snow to make up for the warm snap, we're right in that sweet spot of winter. Temps in the teens to 20s, a beautiful snow cover and blue skies. So, like all good Alaskans, we're doing our best to take advantage of it.

On Superbowl Sunday, Mom and I continued our annual tradition of skiing as a Mother-Daughter team in the Ski for Women. I think this was my tenth year, and Mom's 13th doing the ski. This year we even got it together and made costumes! Here we are, Devils with Blue Dresses On:



This last weekend we were finally able to break out the snowshoes. Mom, Dad, John, Sofia, Lucy, Bella and I headed for the hills and spent a beautiful afternoon trekking around Prospect Heights/Powerline Pass.



How many Casellis does is take to adjust a snowshoe? I like that Sofia's not even a year old and she already finds her parents amusing.


1 comment:

sbt said...

I'm jealous of your outdoor winter adventures! And good for you & your mom for making the Ski For Women every year - you guys are so awesome!