Friday, February 20, 2009

One tooth, two teeth, three teeth, sore teeth

Chances are, if you've talked to me in the last couple days, you've either heard Sofia screeching or heard me talking about Sofia screeching. Poor child has four teeth coming in simultaneously. She's no longer interested in her teething toys, and believe me, we're trying everything. We've got water filled teethers, vibrating teethers, smooth ones, bumpy ones, hard ones, soft ones. I've tried frozen washcloths, wet washcloths, not to mention the homeopathic teething gel, tablets and drops. Bottom line is, it just plain hurts.

So, seeing as John conveniently choose this time to go to Fairbanks on business, my sole purpose in life right now is Mission: Distraction. This has led to the discovery of the drum, which Sofia absolutely loves. She bangs away on it, and when I play it she "dances." I love my girl!

And two more "big girl" milestones -- she crawled *to me* for the first time this week! Also, I came to get her from her crib this morning and she was standing up. Oh my.




Yeah, yeah, not the best picture, but she's working so hard at it I just have to post it. Besides, who doesn't love round, squishy baby butt?

1 comment:

5akbaileys said...

I know I'm a huge fan of baby butt!!! =) *hugs* Poor Sofia!!! Stay tough, Momma!